He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his mind is a craftsman He who works with his hands and his mind and his heart is an artist

~ St Francis of Assisi


Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hmm..."Antique Road Show Producers do Casting search"

     Antique Week is a weekly publication that is a must for any antique dealer.You have  the Central , Eastern or National editions available for subscriptions. It lists shows and  auctions( for those that want them listed there) and has quite a few  informative articles related to various antique subjects. http://www.antiqueweek.com/
     All this info leads up to the email I received from Antique Week this week ...with the title '
Casting Alert From The Producers Of Antiques Roadshow". Of course this peeked my fertile imagination...WHOOOHOOOO..where do I sign up?? Them reality hit & I thought, I've got to get more info than just the title. Further reading showed me THIS info " Think You Know Everything About Antiques....PROVE IT". Must have extensive knowledge of antiques &/ collectibles.You are then to submit your info : knowledge of antiques, bio, and of course a PHOTO ( OH NO!!!!) All of this is to be submitted to the city listed that's closest to you . Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Austin, Dallas, & New Orleans..Wonder why Texas got two?????
  I'm very curious about the format of this new show...is it going to be a "Reality -based" show ?...where they compete & someone gets thrown off the show if they don't know the difference between Tang Dynasty vase and a Chinese reproduction. Will this be a " junking extravaganza that we'll all drool over - free trips to Roundtop/ Marburger Antiques, Brimfield, Pasadena?? Super Bowl of Antiquing??
  NOW....this is not meant to throw aspersions on anyone that applies to the show....but who knows EVERYTHING about antiques!!!! Even the experts on History Detectives have to do research on those items, the Keno's also have experts to assess items on Buried Treasures . I am constantly learning and finding out how little I actually know .
  Guess we'll all have to stay tuned to the first episode to see how this whole casting call turned out  and how many of us will be arm chair quarterbacks !!! Only time will tell what we'll get to see.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds all so interesting! And really who knows everything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you decided to go for it! You've got great experience and a skilled eye. You can always check references before you comment on anything...they ALL do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO...NOOOO WAY!!! I know my limitations..which are many..TRUST ME!! Plus I'd never pass their "photo requirements", last pics taken were on the Nashville road trip & I swear I looked like a duck in the pic...OHH NOOO, not me!!

    ReplyDelete